About Laurence Simons Search
Founded in 1988, we are a specialist global legal, compliance and privacy search firm. We work with some of the largest and fastest-growing businesses in the world, providing them with the best and most sought-after talent.
With offices in London, Frankfurt, Paris, Amsterdam, Geneva, Dubai, and Sao Paulo we have an international footprint like no other legal search firm, enabling us to form the most suitable team for every search and to use our different offices to best effect.
We enjoy trusted and respected relationships with a range of clients by providing the highest standard of service, including many Fortune 500, FTSE 100, and a host of other listed companies around the world.
Laurence Simons’ Talent Acquisition & Delivery (“TAD”) function is headed up by Samantha Knowles.
We are currently looking to hire an experienced researcher or recruiter to support, assist and develop within the TAD function. The successful candidate will work closely with the Search team in the execution of global search mandates.
Laurence Simons currently has offices in seven countries and transacts on searches globally, with a track record spanning UK&I, EMEA, USA, LATAM and APAC. Members of the TAD function frequently support on searches in a variety of locations, working with both privately-held and publicly-listed international businesses. We pride ourselves on providing a close-knit, warm working environment, even when working across our global offices.
This position will be a hybrid role, based between home and our Cannon Street office. We are also open to supporting fully remote working.
Associates in the TAD function fundamentally support the Consultant team on the cultivation, execution and delivery of search mandates. Your duties and responsibilities may include:
Candidate Generation & Curation:
- Identifying and documenting the target universe of companies/law firms relevant to a search
- Developing the talent landscape from the target universe
- Drafting an interesting, articulate and compelling message to the market
- Spotting and approaching the best talent for initial screening calls
- Consistently conducting screening calls via video to assess and validate fit based on skills, experience and emotional intelligence. This enables a deeper understanding of the candidate and a justification of progression to shortlist, or not
- Conducting detailed screening calls which capture career trajectory, reporting lines, geographical experience, career aspirations, personal situation, compensation, expectations and personality/attributes
- Being a competent CRM user – able to register vacancies, add candidates and clients, amend search milestones and conduct a thorough candidate search
- Being creative about candidate generation and curation – LinkedIn, referrals, advertising, Invenias, marketing etc.
- Providing the consultant with a detailed and data-driven progress update and an overview of the search and insightful market trends
- Creating, developing and maintaining detailed and accurate documentation required for each search, in line with stakeholder expectations
- Creating, developing and maintaining detailed client-facing search documentation where required in line with the client’s agreed expectations
- Confidently guiding, steering and mentoring business support and more junior members of TAD in line with the expectations of the search and in line with our corporate values
- Conducting frequent calls with your growing candidate network, which are search and non-search related
- Conducting at least 15 candidate interviews a week independently through VC
- Consistently managing expectations, providing prompt and detailed feedback to the consultant and team on role reception
- Developing an appropriate shortlist of at least 4 candidates
- Proactively, diligently, responsively, showing leadership and taking pride in your work.
- Engaging and building rapport with stakeholders and customers across multiple cultures
- Signposting active candidate(s) to the business in the Friday Finish
- Sharing market intelligence and insights gained from calls with the wider business
- You will be expected to demonstrate an interest and awareness in prospective clients as the consultants move towards the launch of a search process. You will be provided with Client Intelligence Reports produced by the Business Support team and be expected to conduct your own research on potential clients.
- You will be included in initial client kick-off calls and on-going client update calls, where you will be expected to be able to contribute where appropriate. You may also be expected to conduct client calls directly where the consultant is unable to attend.
- You will be expected to present candidates at the shortlist stage of a search, providing both summary comments of a candidate’s experience along with a more in-depth view of their wider profile.
The aim of a TAD Associate is to ‘own’ the candidate side of a search process. Aspects of this extend beyond the pure candidate generation and include the following:
- In partnership with your consultant and business support associate, taking the leading role in document management, working with Business Support to ensure key documents, including candidate CV, CV summaries and potentially research summaries are produced to the highest standard for client review.
- Ensuring that throughout the search you are providing timely updates to the consultant on search progress including producing key documentation.
- Developing a deep understanding of our CRM and Client Portal system, allowing you to best manage a search through this system, with the support of our Business Support team.
Responsibilities outside of a search:
- Acting as a mentor and guide, advising more junior members of TAD and Business Support functions.
- Assisting with the screening of potential hires to the TAD function.
- Taking ownership of key strategic business projects (including process improvement, business development initiatives and networking events).
- Being prepared to lead on and contribute ideas and opinions to team and company-wide discussions relating to TAD.
To be successful, you should:
- Be a well-rounded and seasoned professional, having gained experience in either a retained or contingent search business, most likely within the professional services industry. Ideally you will have had wide exposure to managing candidates and clients. [not sure if managing isn’t right on the client side? if not, then I’d insert ‘dealing with’ before clients]
- Have experience of working in other jurisdictions especially in UK&I, EMEA, USA and APAC. Such exposure is highly advantageous, and if not already acquired, you should have an appetite to work globally and bring cultural awareness of working in different jurisdictions.
- Be reliable, have strong attention to detail, be structured and organised, have determination and grit, be persuasive with strong influencing skills, work collaboratively in a team, have a strong commercial optic and a good sense of humour
- Our culture is central to everything we do, ensuring we thrive as a team and that we are all driving in the same direction to achieve our business objectives.
- Our values are: courageous, perceptive, and authentic, enabling us to thrive as a team. To ensure lasting success, you will embody these values and demonstrate them in your behaviours.